Skip to main content

The tiny, solo roadtrip I didn't know I needed.

Sometimes when I'm in the mood to give back and post for once, I get frustrated that all I find on my camera roll are functional photos of lists or candles or dress colors or something wedding related. And I don't know about you, but at least the way I take my "reminder photos" is not artsy or glamorous and they don't make for great instagrams. If I instagrammed my "reminder pics", you would probably mistake me for a super awkward middle schooler or someone well seasoned in life (no offense, awkward and old people). My reminder photos are unfiltered, crooked, grainy and are meant for function only. Hopefully by now you get the picture (pun intended).

To be analytical, that's the way my life has been lately. I haven't worked hard on a cool graphic design project or gone out and shot any amazing photos that I'm super proud of, or even spent time investing in relationships that I can recap with a nice post at the end of the day. The thing about being so busy, even if it's necessary for a while, is that you really should still come up for air, but unless you come up for air, it's hard to remember that you need it.

But The Lord knows what we need.

After going on a mini-roadtrip across town to pick some wedding things up, I realized I was in one of those coveted beautiful moments where the sun is shining perfectly and the wind is blowing and the landscape is beautiful and there's lyrically and melodically fitting music on and I'm happy to say, I thought to capture it.
Yes, I captured it in video form and screenshotted a frame of it, but being there, I can vouch that it still tells you a little bit about the nature of this moment I'm thankful I got.  Warm, windy, attractive, fleeting.

So anyway, not that you have to answer to me, but although you may not be planning a wedding, I know your life is probably busy too. I just want to remind you to come up for air, or recognize when you're in those moments you can look around and smile about, just because you are where you are, even if where you are is the middle of crazytown. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

to just BE

This semester of college is officially over as of last friday when I emailed my english teacher my final essays.  Halleluyer! I just checked and the last time I posted here was almost a month ago. It definitely feels like waaaay longer though and I've been itching to write again.  I've basically abandoned my podcast the past few weeks as well and while I don't feel all guilt tripped to be more consistent about these things, I really just want to do them more often simply because I enjoy them.  Probably needless to summarize, I've been busy.  But not always with matters I had no choice in.  Some of the busyness came from having spent my time reading or watching netflix shows while I cleaned my room or crocheting (or trying to) a full-size blanket or just chilling with Jake, etc. etc. etc.  Truth is that yes, I've been busy but no, I didn't have to be as busy as I have been.  However, being busy, I have accomplished things and I'm glad about that.  I guess it

But I Press On

We're not perfect people.  Nobody is.  I don't think anyone, in seriousness, would even claim to be. It's a fact of being human that we fall down sometimes. I get caught up in the non-priorities as if they really mattered.  I waste my time.  I try so hard to please the wrong people.  I strive for things unattainable that turn out to be phantoms in the end.  I hurt the ones I love the most and put my best smile forward when it comes to strangers. I. Have. Failed. When it's most obvious to me that I've failed, it's really hard to have any motivation to pick myself up and keep going.  There's nothing as discouraging to me than looking at how badly I've blown it AND the fact that it happens again and again. "But last time I tried to get out of this mud pit I failed so why would it be any different this time?", is the main thought that goes through my head when I finally realize my need to get out of the rut I'm in. "He lifted me o

Lipstick marks on coffee cup lids.

This is one of those posts where I'm riskilly honest.  The kind where I don't sound politically correct but I hope you'll hear me out.  Where I admit things I'm not proud of. Ready?  Okay.  I used to ABHOR lipstick marks on coffee mug lids (as can be seen in photo below).  There, I said it. Now the funny thing to me is that the cup with the lipstick marks on the lid that you see in the picture belongs to none other than yours truly.  So let me explain.   I used to be the girl who subconsciously thought she was better because she didn't need lipstick to feel pretty or 3 coats of mascara just to leave the house.  I was proud to only wear a little bit of makeup (or none at all) and still feel like I looked like my normal, averagely pretty self.  When other girls talked about needing to reapply lipgloss or eyeliner, (especially in front of guys) I made it a point to not be lumped into their shallow activity and went out of my way to make it apparent t