Skip to main content

long time no write

Well, as the title suggests, I haven't written in a while to state the obvious- and if you know me in real life you would know that I like to sometimes do that because it just needs to be done from time to time.  There's not a particular topic that I wanted to blog about tonight but I felt the urge to blog partly because I haven't in a while and partly because I was inspired to after reading the blogs of some other people.  Some of those were Julian Smith, Adam Young, and a former teacher of mine (who shall remain nameless because she doesn't advertise her own name in her blog so I won't do that to her in mine).  I like Julian Smith's blog because it partially shows off the real person and thoughts of the person behind all the videos on youtube and juliansmith.tv.  I enjoy reading Adam Young's blog (and previous tweets) because I like his music, his beliefs, and a lot of the whitty things he has to say (especially the puns which I am a big fan of).  They help me want to put things in better perspective and want to really use my brain to think through more things more completely.  I enjoy reading my former teacher's blog because it gives me a glimpse into the life of someone I know in person from a different perspective than sitting in front of her listening.  Yes I could just ask but there's something different about hearing what someone voluntarily puts out there about themself rather than it being said because it was asked for. 
Overall, reading all of those made me want to just write my thoughts out and put them out there, even if they're not about anything in particular (which they obviously aren't here because my mind is all over the place while writing this).  It doesn't have to be fancy, I don't always have to have the right words (although words are very important to me).  I don't have to have the idea completely thought through before I write it down.  As a matter of fact, I don't think ideas should be "completely" thought through before they are put out there because ideas, for one thing are never fully thought through by humans.  For another thing ideas are very often times thought through more fully by being put out there before they're perfectly well rounded and complete thoughts or ideas. 
Since I'm not writing about anything in particular I'm going to write about something that just popped into my head that has been on my mind a lot lately: Music.  Mumford and Sons has been a particularly big part of my music life the past few days- most of their songs at least.  I really like most every song of theirs that I've heard- music and lyrics-except that the f bomb that is dropped in their song "little lion man".  I really appreciate the truth they speak and, whether they meant to or not, a lot of their lyrics remind me of God and things that are talked about in the bible.  It's cool cause it's not a preachy
or blatant way of speaking of those things, (not that I believe they shouldn't be talked about blatantly) but for those who will recognize it, I believe it has a double meaning.  Some of the lyrics of the song "sigh no more" for example go like this:
Love it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design, an alignment, a cry
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be
I know that this particular thought is not "complete" but it's late and I think I've accomplished my point of just writing down some of my thoughts and flinging them out into the nearly endless abyss that is the internet and these song lyrics are a good note to end on (pun intended) so I shall sign off. 
Goodnight, sleep tight.
-anna 

Popular posts from this blog

Gap Year(s)

In my post about going back to school this fall and the favor I've seen in the process,  I said I would expound on why I'm glad I spent two years out of school.  Now I know I don't always follow up on things I say I'll write "more on later" but I am for this. Let me begin with my plans as a high school senior. In high school I had quite a few changes of plans regarding what I would do after word.  For a while, I planned to go to Ball State. That fell off the wagon for a few reasons that I can't remember now.  A local University was my next consideration, but something kept me from deciding to go for that full fledge.  The plan then became to go to a 6 month school at a Christian organization (more for personal growth than academic gain).  I prayed about that more and realized that I didn't actually feel like God was pointing me to that (although I'm sure if I had gone, it would have been great).  When I let that go, I didn't have a replace

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig