Skip to main content

The awesomeness of blogging

I was laying in bed, acknowledging that I had drank caffeinated coffee too late in the afternoon to go to bed at a work night time, and trying to think of what to do instead of just laying there tossing and turning.  Then, I remembered what I had been inwardly itching to do all day- Blog.  And a big old smile from the sheer happiness of having the privilege to blog spread across my face.

Seriously, how cool is it that I, or you, or just about anyone can get to blog and at any time of the day or night, at the littlest random thought, however a long or short a post, say whatever they want to say in a post and put it out there for the whole world (both now and in the future) to see.
Wow.
Obviously, like most things in life, it has it's pros and cons.  There are some real creeps out there with blogs that I'm tempted to say shouldn't have blogs. But that's sort of the beauty of it.  Knowing that there are some WEIRD blogs out there does give me a little confidence that if, for some reason, The Blog Police ever becomes a thing, I might be safe - at least for a while.
That's probably super Politically Incorrect cause it's throwing the Weird Blog Authors under the bus, but it's just true.  And there's another beauty of blogs- they can be just as politically incorrect as your thoughts are sometimes- and let's face it, we all have them.  Politically incorrect thoughts, I mean.  A blog is just a place to be honest with yourself and possibly every other person who is or ever will be on the planet.  It's a place where hopefully, people can find a raw, real person.  Because there's not a lot of filter.  Not for your ideas anyway.  There are no bosses you have to submit an article to before it can be published in a few days.  It's instant.  And that can be bad and good.  For instance, many of us may struggle with overusing commas. (Guilty as charged.)  BUT, I can deal with too many commas if it means that at the end of a post, I've just seen a glimpse into a real, raw person-if they're brave enough to show it.  Sometimes real is ugly, but I think it's great.  Because for better or worse, truth is a good thing, even if it's rough.  It's where we all have to start.

That's really all I have to say for now because, as I'm glad to report, I'm getting sleepy so I'm going to let that have it's way.
Goodnight readers of this amazing thing called a blog.

And P.S. I will be back soon.  I've got to let you in on what I've been spending a lot of time on lately (and, coincidentally, the thing that's hogged some of the time I might have spent writing blog posts on here).


Good night!



Popular posts from this blog

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig

Gap Year(s)

In my post about going back to school this fall and the favor I've seen in the process,  I said I would expound on why I'm glad I spent two years out of school.  Now I know I don't always follow up on things I say I'll write "more on later" but I am for this. Let me begin with my plans as a high school senior. In high school I had quite a few changes of plans regarding what I would do after word.  For a while, I planned to go to Ball State. That fell off the wagon for a few reasons that I can't remember now.  A local University was my next consideration, but something kept me from deciding to go for that full fledge.  The plan then became to go to a 6 month school at a Christian organization (more for personal growth than academic gain).  I prayed about that more and realized that I didn't actually feel like God was pointing me to that (although I'm sure if I had gone, it would have been great).  When I let that go, I didn't have a replace