Skip to main content

Oh the posts I could post . . .

Oh the things I wish I could do.  The person I wish I was and could be.  The skills I wish I had.  The ways I wish I felt.  The character I wish I was.   The things I long to express.  The daughter, the sister, the friend I wish I could be.  The things I long to be close to.
Here with a keyboard under my fingers, the possibilities are practically endless.  I could write a novel or pour my heart out, but it feels like something is boxing me in.  With time, maybe I could be all those things I wish I could do and be but I will never be perfect. I'm going to have to learn that when it comes to the stars I want to grasp, I will never be in a perfect place to jump for them.
I will never be able to write in all justice, about something I want to write about.  I will never be able to fully express myself in a way that some other human will fully know.  I might not succeed in writing a book that changes somebody's life because I don't know how, no matter how much I wish I could.  But I can still do what I can with what I have and who knows what I will find myself doing?
I can still live the life I wish I could as best I can and with Jesus as a life companion.
He knows.
He knows I wish I could write my passion.  He knows I want to love better.  He knows I wish I could think through all I start thinking of but quit on.  He knows I wish I didn't have to spend my day in a building I don't want to be in.  He knows exactly how I move to the rhythms of the song that he is writing out with my life.  He knows my desires.  He knows how I feel.  He knows how music can pick me up and pull my heart with a string wherever it goes.  It's not about what I can make myself into, although I can try. It's not about what I want people to see me as, although I can wish.  It's not about the talents I wish I possessed, but it is about what I can do with what I have.  It's not about being perfect or as close to it as I think I can get.  It is about walking through life with Jesus, and letting him make me into the person he wants me to be.  Ahh. I just breathed a sigh of relief because it is unexplainable (although if you are reading this and are human you already understand) how relieving it is to be washed over with the reminder that life is not about what you can make yourself to be.  Yes, what you can make out of what you have is important, but the knowledge that my value is not dependent on what I could and can do and be is an incredibly, hugely important and a potentially life-altering piece of information.    

Popular posts from this blog

Gap Year(s)

In my post about going back to school this fall and the favor I've seen in the process,  I said I would expound on why I'm glad I spent two years out of school.  Now I know I don't always follow up on things I say I'll write "more on later" but I am for this. Let me begin with my plans as a high school senior. In high school I had quite a few changes of plans regarding what I would do after word.  For a while, I planned to go to Ball State. That fell off the wagon for a few reasons that I can't remember now.  A local University was my next consideration, but something kept me from deciding to go for that full fledge.  The plan then became to go to a 6 month school at a Christian organization (more for personal growth than academic gain).  I prayed about that more and realized that I didn't actually feel like God was pointing me to that (although I'm sure if I had gone, it would have been great).  When I let that go, I didn't have a replace

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig