Skip to main content

It's not about chicken sandwiches.

I’m gonna be controversial here. Brace yourself.
So this whole Chick-Fil-A and gay marriage thing, it’s just part of a bigger issue.
There are things on both sides of the bigger issue that bother me and I’m tired of them sitting inside. This is a blog. It’s to be able to say what needs said. So here I will say it.
The bigger issue should probably be defined first. The bigger issue is the debate on homosexuality.
The even bigger issue is the fight against sin.
Because I believe in Jesus and that the Bible is God’s word, I believe that homosexuality is sin because the Bible calls it sin. I actually think a lot of the people that are in favor of homosexuality would admit it is sin if they’re being honest with themselves. Cause you can’t discount what God says without sort of slapping Him in the face and there are a lot of people out there who know better than to consciously do that. Calling God a liar to His face is a bad idea and that’s not rocket science.
So I believe that homosexuality is sin. We got that out there. All sin is equal though.
Yeah, some sin has bigger consequences than others but the issue isn’t that people have sinned against themselves or society or even me. The issue is that we have all sinned against a Holy God.
So whether it’s lust (which I am guilty of), stealing (which I am guilty of), hate (which I am guilty of) or homosexuality (which I happen to not be guilty of), it’s all sin. Doing something that opposes what God has said to do or not to do in the Bible is sin-and we have all sinned.
So here’s my stance on the issue: homosexuality is wrong, but it is not a greater sin than any I have committed. While it’s not right, it’s not more wrong than anything that any straight, saved person has done.
So why all the slings and arrows people??? I’m talking to both sides when I say that.
To the people who think homosexuality is wrong: why don’t we start acting like Jesus out of the love He shows us instead of acting like Pharisees who always have to be right?
To the people fighting for homosexuality: Jesus loves you and He sees you for you, not for your sexual orientation.
I don’t expect an unsaved person to behave as if they were saved just like we shouldn’t expect saved people to behave as if they were unsaved.
Church, instead of yelling at people about what they shouldn’t be doing, I bet if we spent more time doing what we should be doing, a lot less people wouldn’t be doing what they shouldn’t be doing.


“Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees,the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:34-40

Popular posts from this blog

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig

Gap Year(s)

In my post about going back to school this fall and the favor I've seen in the process,  I said I would expound on why I'm glad I spent two years out of school.  Now I know I don't always follow up on things I say I'll write "more on later" but I am for this. Let me begin with my plans as a high school senior. In high school I had quite a few changes of plans regarding what I would do after word.  For a while, I planned to go to Ball State. That fell off the wagon for a few reasons that I can't remember now.  A local University was my next consideration, but something kept me from deciding to go for that full fledge.  The plan then became to go to a 6 month school at a Christian organization (more for personal growth than academic gain).  I prayed about that more and realized that I didn't actually feel like God was pointing me to that (although I'm sure if I had gone, it would have been great).  When I let that go, I didn't have a replace