Skip to main content

10 days

SO.  It's been 10 days since my last post, but it feels like longer.  I don't know what to attribute that to, although it has been a pretty busy 10 days for me.
Let me recap what they've held.
I posted last tuesday so I'll go from there.

Tuesday: worked from 9-4, then went to meet my friend Lindsey for coffee on the other side of town and we discovered and walked around this trail by the Y, and it was beautiful.  I think I just came home and hung out there until Jake got off of work and then I hung out with him for a while.

Wednesday: I had Math class at 9:30 and then went to work after class ended at 10:45.  I stayed at work until 4 and then went home, till Jake got off work spent time with him.

Thursday: I woke up, decided I needed a shower, and took a shower (I'm not usually a morning showerer.  I prefer to go to sleep with that good clean feeling.)  Most of english class was a presentation about how to do research and use the library at the college so it was pretty easygoing.  Thursdays I don't work, so after class I met Jake for lunch and then he went to work for a 1:00 shift.  I went home, changed into some comfy pants and got stuff done around the house whilst listening to music and probably re-watching some tv shows.  For dinner, my friend Kayla and I went  to Oley's Pizza (which I had never gone to before) and found out what I had been missing this whole time.  I wasn't feeling great that whole day so after dinner I just hung out at home and then.... Yes, you guessed it, I hung out with Jake again.  =)

Friday: Worked 9-4, then went to Goodwill for their 50% off sale and got some wonderful things including some jeans I really like, a new Brita filter pitcher, a couple movies, a book, and an espresso maker that hasn't exactly proven its worth yet.
After Jake got off work, we went to a mexican restaurant and then watched the beginning of Hitch but he had to leave earlyish to be at work around 7 the next day.

Saturday: woke up REAL EARLY (okay, it wasn't that early, but for a saturday it was) and drove my tired butt to Shoaff Park for the Strides 5k.  Jake was at work and my family was preparing for some extended family to come over from out of town so I didn't know anyone there, but that was okay.  It was sort of a doozy (worse time that the 5k I had run the previous Sunday, and mild what-I-think-was shin splints).  But it was also a success in a lot of ways.  It could have been much worse, I guess.  Plus, there were pancakes and sausage from IHOP afterword and that made me forget about being tired and sore.  I came home, changed back into my jammies, did my chores, got myself a nice cup of coffee and watched some shows on Netflix while I straightened my room up a bit.  My friend Kayla texted me and asked if I wanted to go to the Johnny Appleseed festival our town has every year, so we went to that.  We had an amazingly scrumptious apple dumpling and some caramel corn and smelled smells that even the best Bath and Body Works candles don't quite compare to.  Went home and watched Flipper (Elijah Wood, 1996, about a dolphin, loved it as a kid) with Kayla.  Hung out with visiting family from out of town and continued in watching Hitch with Jake, but still didn't finish the movie.


My adorable out of town family.
Sunday: Woke up to that "The world is already wide awake but I'm not" feeling that I ususally wake up to when there are a lot of people who spent the previous night that are already awake.  But I sort of like that feeling.  Anyway, I had breakfast with all of them.  My family went to morning church, I stayed and cleaned up breakfast and spent some nice old alone time (I really love a reasonable amount of alone time).  Then, I met Jake for coffee and we headed to his house for a family lunch with some of his out of town family.  After lunch, we went to the Johnny Appleseed festival with my friend Lindsey and got a few good deals on food as they were closing up and needed to get rid of it.  Then we headed to church at 5pm (although we were late for the sake of staying at the festival long enough to obtain discounted food).  I drove lindsey back to her house after church and then Jake and I decided to try to go to Granite City for their $7 flatbread pizzas after 9.  We went to Target in the mean time to kill time, only to find the Granite City kitchen closes at 9.  No $7 flatbread pizzas for us.  After deciding on about 10 different places we just decided to go to Rally's.  And it tasted pretty darn good.  Came back to my house and finished Hitch afterword and called it a night.

Monday: Went to my Math class at 9:30 which was short because we reviewed for a test, then went to work until 4.  Went to Aldi's with my mom for groceries, came home and I don't remember what I did monday night.

Tuesday: Worked from 9 to 4, during which time I decided to try learning how to Podcast.  Found out it's actually sort of complicated for someone who has no idea where to begin.  I went over to Jake's house and played "Win, Lose, or Draw" for the first time with his family.  That was pretty fun.  I went home afterword and went to bed.

Wednesday: Went for my Math class at 9:30 and took a test, which I got a 94% on! (Math is not my strong suit so I'm proud of this).  Got out of class earlier than normal (because of said test) and went home to get my computer, I let the dogs out (the song, anyone?) and watered my dad's veggie garden.  Headed to work and stayed till 4.  Still no success on that Podcast, although I did learn more, I guess.

Thursday: Went to my 8 am English class, met my friend lindsey for coffee, met my friend Kayla for lunch, brought my sister at school her soccer uniform and went home.  Some things about podcasting suddenly just clicked, so I tried one last thing and submitted my feed to iTunes.  I prayed it would actually go through this time, and it did (see picture)! So, I'm awaiting approval from iTunes and then I will be the proud owner of a podcast (although, I know now that I actually already am and the iTunes part just helps with people being able to find my podcast.  Hey, if you ever want help with a podcast, I'd love to help).  Went to coffee with Jake before heading to Berne for an Ice Cream Social with my grandpa, which I really enjoyed.  Came home and went to bed.

Soooo that brings us to here.  It was a terribly lengthy post about a lot of small things but now you maybe see how it's felt like so long since my last post and what I've been up to these last 10 days (which is a pretty accurate sample of what any 10 days in my life looks like).  As far as the Podcast being approved, I'll let you know when it is so you can go subscribe, if ya like.  Have a happy friday!




Popular posts from this blog

to just BE

This semester of college is officially over as of last friday when I emailed my english teacher my final essays.  Halleluyer! I just checked and the last time I posted here was almost a month ago. It definitely feels like waaaay longer though and I've been itching to write again.  I've basically abandoned my podcast the past few weeks as well and while I don't feel all guilt tripped to be more consistent about these things, I really just want to do them more often simply because I enjoy them.  Probably needless to summarize, I've been busy.  But not always with matters I had no choice in.  Some of the busyness came from having spent my time reading or watching netflix shows while I cleaned my room or crocheting (or trying to) a full-size blanket or just chilling with Jake, etc. etc. etc.  Truth is that yes, I've been busy but no, I didn't have to be as busy as I have been.  However, being busy, I have accomplished things and I'm glad about that.  I guess it

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig