Skip to main content

You're dynamic.

Lately I've been realizing more of my own potential than ever before. I owe most of that realization to Jake, the most encouraging person I know.  And encouragement is contagious.  As he's been encouraging me to discover and create productive outlets for the things I enjoy, I've realized that they are very possible and that when I actually move toward them, things happen.  Things change.  Things shift.  I can be dynamic if I really want to.  And that's got me realizing my effect, not only on inanimate things, but on people as well.  Not in this "Yeah, I'm pretty cool cause I have power over people" kind of way.  In the same way that all people have influence and impact.  Most of the time, I don't consciously realize what kind of effect I have on other people, but sometimes I get glimpses.  What encourages me most about it is that it doesn't make me feel proud or powerful.  It's more of a humbling experience when I realize the places God has put me and the channels I have into people's lives that no one else in this whole world ever has or ever will have.  Some are big, some small. Most I don't even see- but when I can see, it's encouraging.
If you will oblige me (even though I won't know it unless you comment or contact me somehow and tell me you're obliging me), I want you to try to stop and realize that what I've just told you about myself is true for you in your life as well.  I will pay you money if you can prove to me that not at least one person in your life makes some sort of decision based on some influence you've had on them.  I can vouch for the truth that many decisions I've made in life were influenced by other people- good and bad. So I can safely conclude that I probably have that kind of influence in other people's lives too- or at the least, one other person's life.  So if you're on the same page with me about the fact that you do have an influence on at least one person's life, think about what you can do with that.
It's true- you could take that opportunity and do something diabolically evil and scar someone for life.  But you could also (preferably) make the choice to take the high road- to act out of character. You could choose to encourage and build up.  You could choose to share the lessons you've learned and advice you've accumulated.  You could invest in someone else to better their life.  You can break the mold of stereotypes and expectations and you can reach out in love, kindness and gentleness to someone who wasn't expecting it from you.  You can choose to do something in a moment when you thought no one was looking that might impact your secret audience for the rest of their life.  You are dynamic.  So what are you going to do with it?  Sure, you might gain from being a good person.  But the joy and satisfaction of investing in someone when there's no sure return is a pricelss return in and of itself.  Take the opportunity for being dynamic that you and I and everyone has in at least one person's life and give them the best you can.

Popular posts from this blog

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig

Gap Year(s)

In my post about going back to school this fall and the favor I've seen in the process,  I said I would expound on why I'm glad I spent two years out of school.  Now I know I don't always follow up on things I say I'll write "more on later" but I am for this. Let me begin with my plans as a high school senior. In high school I had quite a few changes of plans regarding what I would do after word.  For a while, I planned to go to Ball State. That fell off the wagon for a few reasons that I can't remember now.  A local University was my next consideration, but something kept me from deciding to go for that full fledge.  The plan then became to go to a 6 month school at a Christian organization (more for personal growth than academic gain).  I prayed about that more and realized that I didn't actually feel like God was pointing me to that (although I'm sure if I had gone, it would have been great).  When I let that go, I didn't have a replace