Skip to main content

50 Questions: 17-21

17. What is one thing have you not done that you really want to do and what’s holding you back?
Geesh! This is a tough one cause there is a pretty long list of things I want to do at some point in my life so I'll just adress the main reasons why I haven't done most of them yet.  
The first reason is that some of these things will cost money.  A lot of money.  Things like (but not limited to) having my own house or traveling to places I would like to either visit or revisit.  
The second reason is that some of the things that I want to do are things that I wouldn't want in this part of my life but would really like to have someday.  Like a husband and a family.
Sometimes the hindrance is both time and money because I hope that when the time comes for some things (like the house and travel-and kids I guess too) that I'll have the money for them too.  


(18 is answered in a separate post a while ago)


19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Well, based on my limited knowledge of the way life in these places would really be, I think it would be fun to live in Illinois (in Chicago) or New York (in NYC) cause I like big cities.  I can't say how much I'd actually like it once I really lived there but the idea seems fun to me (sitting on my couch here at home in the mild-mannered Midwest).  
As far as countries go, I might say Canada would be one I would enjoy to live in (really branchin' out, I know).  I don't really have the urge (or have felt the calling) to live in another country though so I think it's ok that I don't have a long list of places I want to live instead of where I do now.


20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Yes.  Yes I do.  Consciously no, I don't believe that it makes it go any faster.  But in my subconscious logic, maybe it works like those flashlights that you wind up- where the more you wind it, the more power adds up.  I think that I think the more times I push it, the urgency builds for it to come more quickly.  I know that's not true (actually I don't- I think that's not true) but that was the impression I was under, not knowing that it is (probably) wrong.  Now though, thanks to 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind,  I will begin to intentionally think through every single action I take- including my pre-elevator boarding rituals.  Not really.  But I might stop pushing the buttons more than once.


21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
To begin answering this question, I'll just start by saying that (obviously) I would like to be a joyful genius. Since the question demands that I choose one for hypothetical purposes though, I think I would be a joyful simpleton.  For two reasons.
Reason number one is that lately I've realized that I really enjoy the personality of people who are joyful and obviously, I want people to enjoy being around me.  Simple enough.
Reason number two is also pretty simple. As one who puts their trust in the Lord, I am called to be joyful.  Joy can't be something that you force so that must mean that it comes with trusting in Him (which I know personally is the truth).  
My answer isn't to say that I don't esteem being a genius- I think it would be awesome to be super smart but in comparison (and for the reasons stated above) if I had to pick one or the other, I'd rather be joyful.

Popular posts from this blog

Gap Year(s)

In my post about going back to school this fall and the favor I've seen in the process,  I said I would expound on why I'm glad I spent two years out of school.  Now I know I don't always follow up on things I say I'll write "more on later" but I am for this. Let me begin with my plans as a high school senior. In high school I had quite a few changes of plans regarding what I would do after word.  For a while, I planned to go to Ball State. That fell off the wagon for a few reasons that I can't remember now.  A local University was my next consideration, but something kept me from deciding to go for that full fledge.  The plan then became to go to a 6 month school at a Christian organization (more for personal growth than academic gain).  I prayed about that more and realized that I didn't actually feel like God was pointing me to that (although I'm sure if I had gone, it would have been great).  When I let that go, I didn't have a replace

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig