Skip to main content

A reminder from my dog. Part 2

Welp, I'm at it again.  When I wrote the first reminder from my dog, I didn't plan on there being a "Part 2" but a "Part 2" emerged and I decided to write it.  I imagine once (Lord willing) I have kids, I'll get some good reminders from them but for now, dogs it is.
This one is about my other dog, Dolly.  She's Missy's mom.  

My poopy.
I got home from work and grocery shopping the other afternoon and as soon as I stepped in the door, she was acting WEIRD. I mean, she's a dog so she's expected to do weird things sometimes.  But she wasn't her usual, weird self.  She was acting guilty.  
I went to my sister and my rooms to make sure she hadn't messed with our garbage (a cherished pastime of hers).  She hadn't indulged.
I picked her up and checked the living room and behind the couch for a mess but I couldn't find any.  I still haven't found what she was being weird over.  As I gave up the search put her down, I wished that I could just find whatever she was ashamed of so that it could be taken care of.  And BAM! it hit me that this is exactly what I do with the Lord.  
I'm her and He's me in the analogy.  I walk around with my tail between my legs and I won't look Him in the eye and just try to sweep the shameful things under the rug.  As if that were any sort of sad excuse for an existence! I guess I forget that He knows when there's something wrong-and He always knows exactly what it is too.
I know for a fact that He is immensely passionate about just bringing the shameful things out into the open to be dealt with so we can go on with life as it's meant to be.  Because He knows He is truth and the Truth will set me free.
Why do I waste that time hiding?  Why do I pretend I never messed up?  Jesus made a way because we have all messed up.  Why do I not just show Him what He already knows I'm guilty of?

Ah, to be filled with joy and truth and love rather than guilt and shame and fear! And really, it's completely possible.  Not easy, but possible.  He cares. He wants to make it work.  So I will do my part.  I will show Him those things I wanted to hide.  I will confess to them and be really truly sorry.  And then I will get up and walk with Him away from those things because He made a way for me.

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may recieve mercy and find grace to help in time of need."Hebrews 4:16

Popular posts from this blog

to just BE

This semester of college is officially over as of last friday when I emailed my english teacher my final essays.  Halleluyer! I just checked and the last time I posted here was almost a month ago. It definitely feels like waaaay longer though and I've been itching to write again.  I've basically abandoned my podcast the past few weeks as well and while I don't feel all guilt tripped to be more consistent about these things, I really just want to do them more often simply because I enjoy them.  Probably needless to summarize, I've been busy.  But not always with matters I had no choice in.  Some of the busyness came from having spent my time reading or watching netflix shows while I cleaned my room or crocheting (or trying to) a full-size blanket or just chilling with Jake, etc. etc. etc.  Truth is that yes, I've been busy but no, I didn't have to be as busy as I have been.  However, being busy, I have accomplished things and I'm glad about that.  I guess it

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig