Skip to main content

It's rough, but . . . 2.0

*I wrote this one yesterday, right after the first one but something told me not to post it right away.  And as I was revising this last night, I realized that it was because I needed to read it last night and if I had already posted it, who knows if I would have.  Well, here it is.
                          ________________________________________________

So, the last thing I said was that life’s hard (and I sounded pretty pessimistic doing so).  But there’s another approach I want to take on when talking about the fact that "things are rough, but . . ."
(I know, you probably don’t know what to do with all these posts after over 10 days of radio silence, but take it a word at a time =P ).
I want to take this a little more personally.  And by personally, I mean that I want to talk about how sometimes people are rough, BUT. But. . .

One of my favorite parts in the Bible is in chapter two of Ephesians, starting in verse four:
"4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus."
I’m learning a lot about the nature of things and how sometimes, they have to be broken to even begin to become right again.
Verse three (the one before the verses above) in Ephesians chapter two says:
"among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind."
We were (are) all just nasty, broken people; children of wrath.
But God. . .
But God raised us up.
And because He raised us up, we are to be seated with Him.
And like Him.
And because we are to be like Him, there needs to be grace and a "but _____" governing the way we live and the way we forgive.

There needs to be a break in the logic of how I thought relationships worked.
There needs to be an interruption of the tendency to only look out for numero uno.
There needs to be a contradiction to my human nature because of what God has done.

I'm finding Philippians chapter one, starting in verse three (but especially verse six) is a good way to look at other saved, (but not perfect) people:

"3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. "

There is room for improvement and although we're not perfect yet, perfection is coming with Jesus and the Kingdom of Heaven.  We just need to abide until they arrive.  
Things are rough sometimes now on earth with these fragile shells, and maybe they have yet to get more rough but. . . no matter how rough things  are (or the people around me are, or I am), Jesus holds it all and I trust Him.

Popular posts from this blog

to just BE

This semester of college is officially over as of last friday when I emailed my english teacher my final essays.  Halleluyer! I just checked and the last time I posted here was almost a month ago. It definitely feels like waaaay longer though and I've been itching to write again.  I've basically abandoned my podcast the past few weeks as well and while I don't feel all guilt tripped to be more consistent about these things, I really just want to do them more often simply because I enjoy them.  Probably needless to summarize, I've been busy.  But not always with matters I had no choice in.  Some of the busyness came from having spent my time reading or watching netflix shows while I cleaned my room or crocheting (or trying to) a full-size blanket or just chilling with Jake, etc. etc. etc.  Truth is that yes, I've been busy but no, I didn't have to be as busy as I have been.  However, being busy, I have accomplished things and I'm glad about that.  I guess it

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig