Skip to main content

50 Questions that Will Free Your Mind: 32-42

32.Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Yes.  I mean yes and no.  I've had conversations that involved very FEW words and left feeling like a lot had been said.  I think a completely wordless encounter hasn't occured but there are a few people that I have had wordless conversations with before.

33.Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
I think there's a lot to this answer; a lot of different viewpoints from which to answer it.  From my viewpoint I say "Good question" with religions like Islam in mind.  However, the Bible talks about how Jesus will come to make war when He returns.  It makes sense to me but it's also pretty confusing so I'll just leave it for Him to answer.

34.Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Yes. Maybe some people don't believe the Bible completely, but it's proved to be trustworthy so I say that whatever the Bible calls good or evil is, without a doubt, good or evil.

35. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
I don't know.  Not for a little while probably.  For a few reasons: 1. I'm already going to be quitting in about 4 months to go do an internship and 2. for the sake fo keeping my winnings on the down low, I would keep working and go on with my life according to the plan I had before.

36.Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More.  I'm a do-er so I like to be busy doing something I know needs to get done.  And if it was something I enjoyed doing then I wouldn't mind having more of it to do.  Having more work that I actually enjoy doing just sounds like a win-win to me.

37.Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Now that you ask, kind of.  In a sense.  But I've never gone into it with the same outlook before so it seems altogether different than yesterday and the day before and the 100 days before that when I did the same thing at the same place at the same time with the same people.  I really do think it's all in how you look at it.

38.When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Hmmm noble question.  I'm not sure.  Although I'm sure there has been an instance like this recently, I can't think of it at the moment.  I'm the type of person who usually either has a strong opinion about something or just doesn't really care.  Rarely am I unsure about things that are a big deal to me.  So usually either I go into the dark with a very bright beam of an idea or I just avoid going into the dark because I deem it not worth it.

39.If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Well, I would want to visit everyone that I love, which is a lot of people.  And there are only 11 hours and 51 minutes left of today so I would have to go about this based off of logic and not emotions.  I'd probably visit those people I know who don't know the Lord personally.  Because everyone else I'll get to spend time with later in Heaven.  So . . . my grandma and some random friends of mine that seem to think knowing Him isn't important, I would tell them how important He is and pray that they get it before today is over.

40.Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Haha. I'll be honest, it's tempting.  Tempting to let you know that I already am extremely attractive and famous!!! HA! just teasing . . .
but really it is sort of tempting.  Because I don't know how long I'll live anyway and I could use that platform to do a lot of good things, but it would also be very hard to have that platform and stay genuine and true to what really matters, namely Jesus. So, I don't know.  It's a toss up.  But probably not.

41.What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
 Anybody who has ever been born with an able body can be alive.  That really doesn't take anything ultra special.  However, I believe to be truly living is a heart matter.  Not everyone is blessed with the chance and opportunity to be truly living but for those who choose it, life gains purpose.  Without truly living, life just feels like a merry-go-round that never stops until you die.  But when you're truly living, your heart is alive and you can percieve everything through a different light.  I think the difference is just being alive vs. being alive with joy and purpose.

42.When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
Basically you're asking when it's time to say YOLO. It's time to say YOLO when you see whichever thing is going to bless God's heart and others hearts (and, in turn, your own heart) and you choose that thing because anything else doesn't matter as much as that.  Sometimes it's hard to choose and it takes wisdom, but it's time to stop calculating when it's between a shiny thing of earth or an incorruptable thing that will be treasure in heaven.

Popular posts from this blog

to just BE

This semester of college is officially over as of last friday when I emailed my english teacher my final essays.  Halleluyer! I just checked and the last time I posted here was almost a month ago. It definitely feels like waaaay longer though and I've been itching to write again.  I've basically abandoned my podcast the past few weeks as well and while I don't feel all guilt tripped to be more consistent about these things, I really just want to do them more often simply because I enjoy them.  Probably needless to summarize, I've been busy.  But not always with matters I had no choice in.  Some of the busyness came from having spent my time reading or watching netflix shows while I cleaned my room or crocheting (or trying to) a full-size blanket or just chilling with Jake, etc. etc. etc.  Truth is that yes, I've been busy but no, I didn't have to be as busy as I have been.  However, being busy, I have accomplished things and I'm glad about that.  I guess it

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my