Skip to main content

"The Anna Show"

So something funny I've had on my mind lately: what if my life is like The Truman Show?  I think everybody that's seen that movie has at least had a minute where they thought "O. M. Gosh. What if there's a tv show about my life and everybody is always watching everything I do! Naaaahh." But it's kind of a game I play and it's actually pretty fun.  Don't go thinking I'm narcissistic or have the Truman Show delusion (which is a real psychiatric condition) but sometimes it almost seems credible.  Sometimes people will say exactly what I had been thinking about or acted on a few days before or something will very suspiciously glitch up and repeatedly not work out for me. 

But what if my parents aren't really my parents? And my sister isn't really my sister?

What if all those acquaintances or people that seem to barely care or know me actually know tons about me? 

What if almost everything was the opposite of what I've been lead to believe my whole life?

What if whatever had my attention also had the rest of the world's attention because they were watching me?

What if they let me see The Truman Show to try to convince me that it's too crazy to ever be true?

What if fashion was just made up to see how I would respond to it?  What if history was all made up stories they told me to see how it would affect my outlook and life choices?

What if all those things I thought were coincidences were really artfully set up to be exactly that way?  What if every single thought I have puts hundreds of people on edge because they don't want me to see through the facade? 
What if this post is scaring the network half to death??  What if they only let me write it without dropping my Internet connection to reassure me that this crazy idea couldn't be true?

I believe in God (obviously).  I think that would about be the only genuine thing in life even if everything else was a set.

And sometimes I look my friends in the eye as they're telling me what God has been doing in their life and know that this couldn't be acting.  But what if, God still being real and moving in their lives, they were telling me what he really was doing in their hearts, but they were still actors?

I know my life is real.  But it's a fun game to play.  Cause you really wouldn't know if it was fake.

Popular posts from this blog

to just BE

This semester of college is officially over as of last friday when I emailed my english teacher my final essays.  Halleluyer! I just checked and the last time I posted here was almost a month ago. It definitely feels like waaaay longer though and I've been itching to write again.  I've basically abandoned my podcast the past few weeks as well and while I don't feel all guilt tripped to be more consistent about these things, I really just want to do them more often simply because I enjoy them.  Probably needless to summarize, I've been busy.  But not always with matters I had no choice in.  Some of the busyness came from having spent my time reading or watching netflix shows while I cleaned my room or crocheting (or trying to) a full-size blanket or just chilling with Jake, etc. etc. etc.  Truth is that yes, I've been busy but no, I didn't have to be as busy as I have been.  However, being busy, I have accomplished things and I'm glad about that.  I guess it

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my