Skip to main content

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind: 1-3

As has happened many times before, I've been inspired by a fellow blogger to do something that I'll do for the first time in my blog- start a project!  The basis of this project is derived from 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind (I did not compose these questions.  Apparently they're a popular set of questions to ask yourself, according to google.)
For a while I've wanted to answer questions about myself on my blog (mostly because I think it would be fun to do, but also) because since this is my blog, answering questions on it makes for good blog content.
 I don't know how many posts it will take me to answer all 50 questions in because it looks like answers will vary in complexity and I have the tendency to get wordy and go on and on.  Plus, there's really no telling where my mind will meander to answering some of these.  So without further adeu, here it goes!

1. How old would you be, if you didn’t know how old you are?
I've actually thought about this before (I don't know what caused me to) and it seems obvious to me that my real age is 16.  When I think of myself, what I see in my minds eye is the person that I was when I was 16 in terms of emotional capacities and responsibilities, stuff like that.  I'm sure I've grown in lots of ways since I was 16, but i still I see myself as a 16 year old.  Maybe even 14.  But definitely not older that 16. 


2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
My first thought in response to this question was "Never trying. Duh.". . .  but when I think about it harder, I don't think I really live my life that way.
I wish to be the type of person that doesn't let fear drive and I think I haven't totally failed at that (like all the double negatives? :).  I am so afraid of change sometimes though.  I guess what I'm really afraid of is the unknown- which is an impending part of change.  Which sometimes drives me into the comfort of never trying, never taking the step, never making changes (and the list goes on and on).  At the same time I know that even if I run from trying, one day my mind will catch up to me and I won't be able to rest until I do (at least) try.  So at first, in my heart, I'm more afraid of failing.  But after I've sat on an idea for a while, I can't stand not to try. Depending on said idea, of course. 


3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Geesh! Question of my life right now!!  I wish I knew the answer but feel like I have none. But since answering this question is supposed to "free my mind" maybe I should try to come up with the answer.  Ok.  Let me start with the first part of the question.  Why do we do so many things we don't like?  Well I'm going to consider these "things we don't like"not as things that we HAVE to do (like laundry or dishes), but rather things that we don't want to waste our time and efforts doing but find ourselves doing anyway.  I think I end up doing things that I don't actually want to do out of 1. boredom and 2. being unintentional.  The combination of those two (but more so the unintentional thing) is the root of this issue for me.  I don't believe I have trouble knowing what I should be doing, but really being determined to actually do it (or not do it) is sometimes a whole different story.  And the second part of this Q is somewhat easier.  Why do we like so many things we don't do?  Besides not being able to afford to do things, I think the answer is that people are dreamers so there will always be things we like that we don't do.  In some cases that's a good thing (and others the opposite) but I don't think it's so bad that there are things we want to do that we don't do.  It keeps us moving up to reach them.

Popular posts from this blog

to just BE

This semester of college is officially over as of last friday when I emailed my english teacher my final essays.  Halleluyer! I just checked and the last time I posted here was almost a month ago. It definitely feels like waaaay longer though and I've been itching to write again.  I've basically abandoned my podcast the past few weeks as well and while I don't feel all guilt tripped to be more consistent about these things, I really just want to do them more often simply because I enjoy them.  Probably needless to summarize, I've been busy.  But not always with matters I had no choice in.  Some of the busyness came from having spent my time reading or watching netflix shows while I cleaned my room or crocheting (or trying to) a full-size blanket or just chilling with Jake, etc. etc. etc.  Truth is that yes, I've been busy but no, I didn't have to be as busy as I have been.  However, being busy, I have accomplished things and I'm glad about that.  I guess it

Clear The Stage

This song was first brought to my attention a few months ago - when one of my biggest idols was being exposed for what it really was. Since I've been learning all along, but especially today, that vulnerability is something that should increase as you become more and more rooted in the Lord, I will be vulnerable with you here and now.  One of my biggest idols for about half of my life was liking guys.  And while it was specific guys that I would like, my idol was moreso just having someone to daydream, think, talk and pray about. I realize that liking somebody isn't sin in itself.  I actually think that romanctic love is one of the big ways that the Lord is glorified through our hearts as humans.  It became an idol though, because I allowed it to be my god.  I based my relationship with God on how my love life was.  When someone would ask me how I was, I would reply based on my relationship with the person I liked.  When I prayed, a majority of the content of my

Seasons: Right Now

As it has only been since last night that I wrote my first post in my new series, "Seasons", I don't necessarily have a whole lot more to say about my planning for the posts so I think I'm gonna dive right in. Something I like doing is sitting in coffee shops while I blog (VERRY original, I know).  I'm in one right now and have a Pumpkin Pie Chai on one side of the table and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Scone on the other (now you can be jealous of my overpriced and extremely unhealthy consumptions so far today).  This brings me to the first season I'm gonna talk about . . . . RIGHT NOW. Right now I'm 19 years old.  I'm about 3 1/2 months away from moving to Kansas City for at least six months to do an internship at the International House of Prayer.  I'm not a mom, not a wife and for sure don't have everything even close to figured out.  I would go so far as to say that I barely have anything figured out.  Now you're probably trying to fig